CXV. Zip File Functions (Read Only Access)
This module enables you to transparently read ZIP compressed archives and the files inside them.
This module uses the functions of the ZZIPlib library by Guido Draheim. You need ZZIPlib version >= 0.10.6.
Note that ZZIPlib only provides a subset of functions provided in a full implementation of the ZIP compression algorithm and can only read ZIP file archives. A normal ZIP utility is needed to create the ZIP file archives read by this library.
Zip support in PHP is not enabled by default. You will need to use the --with-zip[=DIR] configuration option when compiling PHP to enable zip support.
Note: Zip support before PHP 4.1.0 is experimental. This section reflects the Zip extension as it exists in PHP 4.1.0 and later.
This example opens a ZIP file archive, reads each file in the archive and prints out its contents. The test2.zip archive used in this example is one of the test archives in the ZZIPlib source distribution.
- Table of Contents
- zip_close -- Close a Zip File Archive
- zip_entry_close -- Close a Directory Entry
- zip_entry_compressedsize -- Retrieve the Compressed Size of a Directory Entry
- zip_entry_compressionmethod -- Retrieve the Compression Method of a Directory Entry
- zip_entry_filesize -- Retrieve the Actual File Size of a Directory Entry
- zip_entry_name -- Retrieve the Name of a Directory Entry
- zip_entry_open -- Open a Directory Entry for Reading
- zip_entry_read -- Read From an Open Directory Entry
- zip_open -- Open a Zip File Archive
- zip_read -- Read Next Entry in a Zip File Archive