Develop Rock Solid Code In PHP: Part 2
Summary and Resources
Now that you know how to use variables effectively, you can start writing some larger programs. In the next installment of this series, I look at functions and API design. Till then, happy hacking!
- Download the def_parser.zip file which contains an implementation of the configuration file parser that writes files you can include in your scripts.
- Visit PHPBuilder.com for more examples on using variable variable names in PHP.
- Read about Free Energy, a simple method for coding Web applications.
- Download or refer to the PHP Manual online.
- Take the tutorial, "Writing efficient PHP" and learn how to write efficient PHP code (developerWorks, July 2002).
- Read "Laying the foundation," my first article in this series, for pointers on designing and planning Web applications (developerWorks, August 2002).
First published by IBM developerWorks