The road to better programming: Chapter 6. Developing cfperl
- Read the previous chapters of The road to better programming.
- Check out the cfengine home page.
- Visit the cfperl project, and see how it's progressing (and how well I'm sticking to my schedule).
- Learn more about the Free Software Foundation.
- Learn more about the the GPL license (I chose the The GNU GPL v2.2 for my cfperl project).
- Here is the GNU list of software licenses; naturally it has an FSF slant, but is still quite comprehensive.
- Here also is the Perl Artistic License -- considered by PAL advocates to be "more free" than the GPL (and by GPL advocates to be less free than the GPL!).
an introduction to CVS, the Concurrent Versions System -- used by
developers around the world to develop software in a flexible and
collaborative manner -- in this developerWorks tutorial, CVS for the developer or amateur
- The CVS home page links to manuals and more resources.
- Also by Ted on developerWorks, read:
- "Intro to cfengine for system administration"
- "Application configuration with Perl"
- "Parsing with Perl modules"
First published by IBM developerWorks