Road to better programming: Chapter 4. Functional programming
- Read the previous chapters of The road to better programming.
- The comp.lang.functional FAQ
offers a wide array of information on all aspects of functional
programming languages, including general topics, such as history and
motivation, journals and conferences, and schools and workshops;
technical topics, such as performance and applications; and other
resources, such as Web pages, research groups, and newsgroups. This is
the best starting point for anyone interested in learning more about
- Go to the Schwartzian transform for "Far More Than Everything You've Ever Wanted to Know About Sorting."
A Fresh Look at Efficient Perl Sorting
Uri Guttman and Larry Rosler.
- Read Teodor's other Perl articles in the developerWorks "Cultured Perl" series:
- A programmer's Linux-oriented setup
- Application configuration with Perl
- Automating UNIX system administration with Perl
- Debugging Perl with ease
- The elegance of JAPH
- Genetic algorithms applied with Perl
- One-liners 101
- Parsing with Perl modules
- Perl 5.6 for C and Java programmers
- Reading and writing Excel files with Perl
- Review of Programming Perl, Third Edition
- Small observations about the big picture
- Writing Perl programs that speak English
- Browse more Linux resources on developerWorks.
- Browse more Open source resources on developerWorks.
First published by IBM developerWorks