Cultured Perl: Fun with MP3 and Perl, Part 2
- Get an introduction to autotag.pl and links to all of the Perl modules it uses in "Fun with MP3 and Perl, Part 1" (developerWorks, September 2003).
- Read all of Ted's Perl articles in the "Cultured Perl" series on developerWorks.
- Download the autotag application (rename the file to autotag.pl in order to run it).
- Download the plug-in modules used by autotag.pl from the CPAN module archive.
- You'll find resources on the many different audio formats including MIDI, MP3, and Ogg Vorbis at the Open Directory.
- In the article "ThinkingXML: Manage metadata with MusicBrainz" (developerWorks, December 2002), XML guru Uche Ogbuji discusses the use of the MusicBrainz service for managing MP3 music files.
- Playing around with audio? Learn more about voice-enabling your apps in the articles "Introducing XHTML + Voice -- IBM's proposal to the W3C on developing multimodal UIs" (developerWorks, August 2003) and "Multimodal applications" (developerWorks, July 2002).
- You'll also want to take a look at IBM alphaWorks' Voice Toolkit Preview.
- Or try Music Sketcher, a graphical composition tool from the multimedia gurus at IBM Research.
- Find more resources for Linux developers in the developerWorks Linux section.
- You'll find a wide selection of books on Linux at the Linux section of the Developer Bookstore.
First published by IBM developerWorks