XXII. Direct IO functions
PHP supports the direct io functions as described in the Posix Standard (Section 6) for performing I/O functions at a lower level than the C-Language stream I/O functions (fopen(), fread(),..). The use of the DIO functions should be considered only when direct control of a device is needed. In all other cases, the standard filesystem functions are more than adequate.
Note: This extension is not available on Windows platforms.
One resource type is defined by this extension: a file descriptor returnded by dio_open().
- Table of Contents
- dio_close -- Closes the file descriptor given by fd
- dio_fcntl -- Performs a c library fcntl on fd
- dio_open -- Opens a new filename with specified permissions of flags and creation permissions of mode
- dio_read -- Reads n bytes from fd and returns them, if n is not specified, reads 1k block
- dio_seek -- Seeks to pos on fd from whence
- dio_stat -- Gets stat information about the file descriptor fd
- dio_tcsetattr -- Sets terminal attributes and baud rate for a serial port
- dio_truncate -- Truncates file descriptor fd to offset bytes
- dio_write -- Writes data to fd with optional truncation at length